If you are a person who admires Reddit, surely you would like to know all the tips and tricks related to the app. Browsing the pages of Reddit, even when everyone else is asleep, definitely hurts your eyes, as the rays from the shiny white screen seep into your eyes. Well, Reddit’s dark mode is here in the market to keep your eyes straight. Now all enthusiasts can hope that this updated version of Reddit will be available for iPhone and Android users, as well as other browsers.
A little on Reddit:
Reddit is among the major social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Basically, it is a website that hosts social news aggregations, web content rankings, and other discussions for its users. The app recently added a live streaming feature to its database. It was founded by Aaron Schwartz, Alexis Ohanian, and Steve Huffman, who were roommates at the University of Virginia.
However, the website was acquired by parent company Advance Publications in 2011. r/india mechanism works so that users can post content such as images, text, links, and videos. These posts are rated up or down then by other users. The posts are organized into communities or sub-repetitions, which are tables created by users and cover a variety of topics such as politics, science, movies, news, latest updates, books, sports. , fitness, cooking, entertainment, etc.
The content with the most upvotes will appear at the top of the subreddit and possibly on the website homepage. Reddit’s dark mode update is the one feature that all users worry about these days. Little by little, let’s understand how to use it.
Also Read: What is GetIntoPC? All about GetIntoPC
Why activate reddit dark mode?
I’m sure you are familiar with dark mode themes on your cell phones and other mobile apps. Reddit’s dark mode version is known as Reddit’s night mode. Reddit’s dark mode features a black theme instead of bright white. It is extremely convenient for users who like to scroll through the app late at night when the lights go out.
Basically when activating the night mode theme, the app screen turns black and all items are visible. Many of you reading this article will be intrigued by the question why we should use night mode. Let me explain the benefits that Reddit’s dark mode can bring. The screens of our mobile or PC emit various harmful ultraviolet rays that are very harmful to our eyes.
These tend to gradually damage the eyes, causing insomnia and other problems. However, using the dark mode will prevent or reduce the emission of these harmful rays. It does not affect your eyes and allows the brain to function in a positive way. Dark mode uses less charge and your phone’s battery is unlikely to run out of battery anytime soon. These advantages make the night mode theme very popular and a nice feature to use on this website.
How do I activate reddit dark mode?
If you want to enable Reddit’s dark mode, you can follow these steps to do so. This is where you get different platforms so you can choose your favorite option and get the dark theme by following the steps.
- Open any browser.
- Search Reddit and access the website.
- After logging in with your account details, tap the down arrow next to the profile avatar in the upper right corner.
- You will find the Night Mode option below the display options.
- Turn on the button.
- Reddit’s dark mode is now on.
- Start Google Chrome.
- Find and open the Reddit website.
- Once logged in, go directly to your profile avatar in the upper right corner of the page.
- Clicking on the avatar opens a field with different options.
- Find the Dark Mode button and click on it.
- Your Chrome Reddit Dark Mode is now activated.
In Microsoft Edge:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Start the Reddit website.
- Here too you can see an arrow pointing down in the upper right corner.
- Once you click on it, a bar will appear with night mode and various other options and features.
- Change the night mode button.
- You can now use.
- Launch the Reddit app on your Android phone.
- The app requires you to log in by entering your account details.
- Once you are logged in, you will find an avatar icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- A menu box appears when you click the icon.
- Look for the configuration option at the end of the list.
- You will find a moon shaped symbol right next to the settings.
- Click this icon to activate Reddit’s dark mode.
On the iPhone:
- Get your brand new iPhone and launch the Reddit application on it.
- Enter your login credentials to access your account.
- Similar to Android system, you can also find the avatar or profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the icon to show the menu options.
- Search the settings function again.
- Right next to it is the moon-shaped symbol.
- Click on the icon and you can use Reddit dark mode successfully.